This is my process for using gelatin to help clear my beer:
- Beer should be chilled to between 0° and 5°C (so that if chill haze occurs the gelatin will help remove it)
- Clean and sanitise pyrex jug, temperature probe, long handle spoon
- Measure out 2/3 cup cold water (can be pre-boiled and cooled) in pyrex jug
- Add 1 teaspoon of gelatin and stir and cover with cling film
- Optionally, leave for 20 minutes to bloom/rehydrate
- Microwave in 10-30 second bursts, stopping to stir and check temperature
- Aim to heat the gelatin to between 65°C and 70°C and hold for around 15 minutes in that range. Try not to go over 75°C.
- Dump the gelatin mixture into the beer. Gently/lightly stir, and return fermenter to fridge for at least 48 hours.