Sep
07
2010

Brief update on worm farm

My worm farm has been going for about 2 months now and seems to be working well, producing a decent amount of worm juice. However some rain seems to be getting in as a lot of liquid is coming out after heavy rain and it looks diluted. The duct tape I used to hold the weed mat in place is coming loose but the contents are holding it in place so it’s not a problem at this point. There seems to have been an explosion in the worm population which is a good sign – they’re all over the place now when I open up the lid – on top of the cardboard layer, on the sides, on the lid, everywhere. And as Rodney commented, there are a few of them getting into the worm juice but it’s just a few so it doesn’t seem to be a problem at this point.